Thinking of Prospect?
We realise that deciding where to send your child for their secondary education is a big decision. Therefore, we’re here to help try and make that process as straightforward and as simple as possible. We believe we’ve got a lot to offer that you may not know about and may not have been considering Prospect as a choice for your child. However, new parents are always telling us they had no idea about all the great things that we have and do…so perhaps now is a good time for you to come and find out.
We offer a range of ways that you can do this:
Our main Open Evening event is on Thursday 27th September 2018. We will be open between 4pm and 7pm, with the Headteacher speaking to parents at 4.15pm and 6pm. This is a great opportunity to see the school at your leisure and for your child to get involved with some hands-on activities. You will be able to speak to our teachers, support staff and current students, walk round the school at your leisure, or take a guided tour with our sixth form students.
If you would like to see us on a normal school day, we will be holding Open Mornings everyday at 9.30am from Monday 8th – Thursday 11th October. On these, you and your child will be able to get a feel of the school doing what we do best – lots of teaching and learning! You will have the opportunity to go on a tour of the school, followed by a chance to meet senior teachers, who will be happy to answer your questions. If you would like to join us on an Open Morning, please complete the Open Morning Booking Form from the sub menu.
We recognise that parents are busy people with lots of commitments, so we are also able to offer individual tours of the school at any time during the school day throughout the academic year. If you would like an individual tour (this will normally be with a senior teacher), please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We often get asked “Why should I send my child to Prospect?”, so we’ve put together our most frequent answers to this below:
Why should I send my child to Prospect School?
- Your child will be taught by specialist teachers – all subjects are taught by teachers who are specialists in that subject
- Your child will be taught by well qualified teachers – and we are proud of the number of teachers who have qualified as teachers having been trained at Prospect
- Your child will be taught in specialist rooms – every subject has a suite of specialist rooms for that subject – not only does this help children in finding their way around school, but it means that they will have the specialist equipment they need, ready to hand, in whatever subject they are being taught
- We have a fantastic site – actually one of the largest (state) school sites in Berkshire. Our impressive outside space means that we have (at various times of the year) a full sized rugby pitch, football pitch, athletics track, cricket ground, cross country loop, tennis courts and Astro, all on site. We have designated spaces for the different year groups at break times, lots of covered areas outside, enough space for all students to share the same break times.
- We offer a broad and balanced curriculum – in order to give your child the best possible chance of high attainment, we start delivering GCSE subjects at the beginning of Year 9, giving them even more specialist knowledge and teaching. We offer over 20 different subjects at GCSE/Technical Level, in addition to the core of Maths, English and Science (double and triple award).
- Our student support team offers an unrivalled level of support, care and guidance, including a full time counsellor. We have a dedicated team to support your child, whatever their concern or worry, and where we can’t help immediately we have access to specialist support both in and out of school. The team is also able to offer support to parents, where needed.
- We have a proven track record of getting results – our teachers have the experience and track record of delivering good GCSE results, year on year. They know what it is like to take a class through their GCSE course to the end of Year 11, and exactly what they need to do to get them the best possible GCSE results. This year, our GCSE Maths results put us in the top 30% of ALL schools in the country.
- We are diverse and inclusive – we are represented by students from all over the world, speaking over fifty different languages and coming from over thirty different countries. We offer specialist English teaching for EAL students, and are the first choice school for all students in Reading and Wokingham supported by the Red Cross. We work closely with Reading Pride to support our LGBTQIA+ students, and our Pupil Premium students benefit from bespoke packages and generous support through our hardship fund.
- We are proudly comprehensive - delivering high quality education to students of all abilities. Our high ability students flourish – this year ALL our sixth form students were able to accept places at their first or second choice university, whilst students with SEN benefit from specialist provision in a newly refurbished suite of rooms, delivered by well qualified Learning Mentors and an experienced SENCo.
- We are committed to our teachers – we offer continuous professional development to our teachers, to ensure they are the best practitioners they can be. We follow whole school initiatives (such as TEEP – the Teacher Effectiveness Enhancement Programme) to ensure they are delivering the best quality lessons.
- We are Prospect – committed to being the first choice school for our local community.
We hope this has given you a good idea of what Prospect School can offer you as a parent and your child. However, if you’ve still got a question or would like further information, please email either of our Deputy Headteachers, who will be delighted to answer your questions personally. Contact David Littlemore at email@example.com or Mary Morris at firstname.lastname@example.org.